Crux Rescue Serves Vancouver, Washington Offering Technical Rescue Certification Training With Certified Training Course Instructor For Search and Rescue, Fire Rescue & Swiftwater Rescue
Vancouver, Washington’s trusted technical rescue certification training instructor is
Call Us! (518) 400-2789
Vancouver, Washington Areas Served (Not Exclusively)
Esther Short, Northwest, North Image, Fisher’s Creek, public and city governments and all associated neighborhood areas.
Rescue Certification Training Courses Available
- Tower Rescue For Tower Workers
- Technical Rope Technician Level
- Technical Rope Operations Level
- Swiftwater First Responder Operations Level
- Swiftwater Rescue Tech Unit 1 Technician Level
- Swiftwater Rescue Tech Advanced
- Wilderness Navigation Class
- Wilderness Survival
- Two Week Rope and Water Technician Intensive
- Rope Operations and Technician Combo Intensive
Matt Adams, of Crux Rescue, is a certified training course instructor who provides technical rescue training courses in Vancouver Washington to swiftwater rescue teams, fire rescue response units, fire departments, county fire and rescue teams and search and rescue, SAR organizations. Matt is an accredited Rescue 3 International training instructor. The certification rescue training he instructs utilizes Rescue3’s rescue course curriculums. Those who desire expertly presented, professional rescue certification training are encouraged to call for information about class schedules or for information about scheduling a private course offering.
Vancouver, Washington Fire Department Operations Division – Crux Rescue Can Provide Training
Special Operations – Tech Rescue
Following description excerpt from City of Vancouver Special Operations Tech Rescue
“Technical rescue” is a special skills area of the fire service that focuses on the application of specific knowledge, skills, and equipment to safely resolve unique and/or complex rescue situations. Examples include: rescues from confined spaces, trench collapse, water emergencies, structural collapse, and rescuing people trapped above or below grade or in other challenging situations.
The Vancouver Fire Department’s Technical Rescue Team is a group of personnel having advanced training and special equipment to safely and efficiently conduct technical rescue operations. The team works closely with members of the Vancouver Public Works Department Operations Center.
Currently, Technical Rescue is similar to what Emergency Medical Service programs were to the 1970’s, and Hazardous Materials programs were to the 1980’s. It has gained prominence in our everyday lives with incidents such as Hurricane Andrew, the Northridge California Earthquake, and the Oklahoma City Bombing. Such incidents took specialized rescuer response to mitigate.
The Southwest Washington Search and Rescue is a volunteer-based organization. Our dedicated volunteer members work jointly with public and private agencies to respond to community needs of search and rescue in Clark County, Washington, and surrounding areas. In order to accomplish these goals our commitment to professionalism, availability, and selfless volunteerism is paramount.
SWWSAR serves an area that takes in the City of Vancouver in Clark County, Washington.
SSSAR serves an area that takes in the City of Vancouver in Clark County, Washington. In the past four years, Silver Star Search & Rescue has completed 11 rescue missions in assistance to the City of Vancouver, Washington.
In 2018, SSSAR completed 23 missions. As is the case with search and rescue organizations, their 2018 list of missions reveals they operate on missions that can require technical rescue skills and expertise.
- 01-01-18 Missing Camper – Sunset Falls Camp – found 2 weeks later deceased
- 03-01-18 Missing/Stuck 4×4 Drivers – Clark County – pulled out
- 03-18-18 Evidence Search – for Skamania County Sheriff
- 04-04-18 Missing PCT hiker – later called in – ok
- 05-24-18 Missing Elderly hiker – Battle Ground Lake – found ok
- 05-29-18 Rescue – Mt Adams Climber – rescued
- 06-07-18 2 ELT ‘s at same time – Pearson Airport – found & turned off
- 06-27-18 Missing 11 year old – Battle Ground – found at friend’s house
- 07-03-18 ELT – Camas Airport – found and turned off
- 07-14-18 Recovery – Panther Creek
- 07-23-18 Missing Female – Battle Ground – found ok
- 08-07-18 Missing Hiker – Falls Creek Falls – found ok
- 08-13-18 Missing Hiker – Blue Lake – found 5 days later alive
- 08-25-18 Evidence Search – for Clark County Sheriff
- 09-01-18 Missing Diabetic – Salmon Creek – found ok
- 09-29-18 Missing Female – Stabler – found ok
- 10-29-18 PLB – Activated by accident – found & turned off
- 11-07-18 Missing Hiker – Chelatchie Prairie – found ok
- 11-12-18 Missing Mushroom Picker – Chelatchie Prairie – found ok
- 11-17-18 Evidence Search – Vancouver Police
- 11-26-18 2 missing kids – Battle Ground – found
- 12-03-18 2 missing kids (again) – Battle Ground – found
- 12-07-18 Missing climber – Mt. St. Helens – found
*ELT – ELT transmissions signal an aircraft in distress